WHY VACUUM DEWATERING?
- FAM Flooring Division is the first contractor in the Middle East to introduce Vacuum Dewatering to their floor laying system.
Vacuum Dewatering is the best way to reduce the water amount in the fresh concrete during the flooring construction as the risk of rapid drying
of concrete surface is reduced especially in hot weather conditions
- Vacuum Dewatering is recommended by American Concrete Institute Reports (ACI). ACI 302.1R-04 Guide for Concrete Floor
and Slab Construction ACI 309R-05 Guide for Consolidation of Concrete
VACUUM DEWATERED CONCRETE FLOORS
- Improved compressive strength, wear & tear resistance.
- Reducing the water/cement ratio with vacuum dewatering results in less shrinkage and subsequently less crack formation.
- Allows heavy traffic and loads within a few days.
- Minimum dusting and reduced permeability.
- Better bonding to hardened concrete slabs when casting on a wear course.
- Greatly reduced curling.
- Fast curing which minimize damages on newly cast floors.
- A good solution for cold stores.